Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Thousand Splendid Suns

A Thousand Splendid Suns


Pg 7. Nana said "Learn this now and learn it well,my daughter like a compass points north, a mans accusing finger always finds a woman you remember that, Mariam"
The connection that I personally make to this quote and the outside world isn't a strong one however its personal. It happened the other day in the common area when i just came back from Starbucks and put my coffee on the table. I turned my back for a split second and Kayne was running away. I turned back and my coffee was everywhere and right then who decides to come from his office but Mr. Shimmer, "Tiara is this your Starbucks?" I said "Yes..But". As Kayne slowly came back in and said it was my fault for putting it there and i should clean it up ( Taking no responsibility). In the end of it all the janitor ended cleaning it up but I was told if this happened again that i should be getting the janitor sooner then later.
I made this connection to the quote because " A mans accusing finger always finds a woman" . Just like Kayne blamed me for him knocking over the coffee and Shimmer holding me responsible.

No comments: